Wednesday 29 January 2020

The Blackthorne Vampires by Kim Loraine - Review




The Blackthorne Vampires (3 Book Series)


Have you read this vampire series? I have just finished it and I recommend it. I wrote a small review late last night for book 3 - will be expanding it, but in some ways it says enough!

'Omg that was a fab read, the author put us through a lot. I have so many emotions. An eventful but perfect finish to Cashel and Olivia's story.' - five stars TVRBB

The Blackthorne Vampires (3 Book Series)

Available on KU

Blood Captive - Amazon - https://amzn.to/2u3qVEf
Blood Traitor - Amazon - https://amzn.to/2U5rDvh

***** ***** ***** ***** *****


Blood Captive

He wanted me for my blood...

Living on the run was all I'd ever known. My life was unstable, but at least I wasn't alone. That all changed when my mother was murdered.

I ran from the unknown creatures she'd always feared. Until the day I stopped being afraid.
That was my first mistake.

Cashel Blackthorne took me as his captive, but more than that, he opened my eyes to the terrible truth of the world.

Vampires exist, and I am the key to their salvation.

The Blackthorne vampires need my blood but their prince desires more--me.
There's something between us neither of us can deny.

He is my captor, but I'll be his ruin




My Review

Take a bite into this book, it's a good one!

Olivia's life changes when she's out for drinks one night, she's taken to a houseful of vampires.

Talking vampires there's a few there, the main ones being the king who is beyond horrible, along with his children. Cashel is the eldest child and his dad the king loves tormenting him.

I didn't like Cashel at all to begin with but he showed a few good qualities and a softer side as the story went on. I kept wondering which is the real him!

Olivia, she is sassy maybe too sassy considering she's in a house of vamps and her blood smells so good! She is strong-willed though, but Cashel is her weakness, she wants him or is she playing him and us?

Vampires are one of my fave genres, so add in some good characters and an interesting storyline and I got a book I really enjoyed.

Did I mention there's a cliffy... Book 2 here I come.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****


Blood Traitor

Cashel Blackthorne took me captive.

I hated him.
I wanted him.
I fell for him.

Then everything I knew changed.
I got away from the Blackthorne vampires, but they still want my blood. Living a nomadic life with a band of hunters, I learned how to fight and how to defend myself.

Now I’m torn between the deep feelings I’ve developed for my captor and the new attraction I have for Logan, the rugged hunter who came for me.

Cashel Blackthorne may have taken my heart, but he also taught me a lesson...

Never trust a vampire.



My Review

Book 2 carries on from where book 1 ended, yes that cliff hanger and it doesn't get less angsty for a while, does it at all? I'm not sure as the vamps are still desperate to keep Olivia! There's danger everywhere and surprises.

Cashel, really catches you in this book, just in case he didn't in book 1. I found I liked his siblings a lot more in this book. Some of the other characters are horrid though.

Logan the vampire hunter was nice but no Cashel.

I loved Olivia and Cashel's growing connection and how protective they are of each other.

The book ends on another cliffy though, so book 3 can't be kept waiting too long.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****


Blood Heir

*The final chapter in Cashel and Olivia's story*

Every love story has an ending. This is mine.

Cashel Blackthorne has been my kidnapper, my tormentor, my protecter, and my lover.
Now he’s shattered us beyond repair.

He sacrificed his freedom to give me mine, only to have our bond completely broken. I lost him just when I truly found him. I need to bring him back to me, to save him from the fate he set for himself, and most of all, to find a cure.

Since all this began, I’ve been their prey, but the tables have turned and this time, I’m the hunter. The Blackthorne vampires won’t take anything from me again




My Review

Omg that was a fab read, the author put us through a lot. I have so many emotions. An eventful but perfect finish to Cashel and Olivia's story.

Some books you know which way they will go, I thought I knew with this one but every time I thought ok, something else happened and took us on another twist.

Lucas what can I say, his a darling, a vampire darling but omg he is special.

Cashel is desperate to get back to Olivia but what he comes back to is not what he expected and seriously complicates what his plans were.

Olivia is strong and inquisitive, sometimes too much and puts herself in danger. She has to muster every strength she has to survive this book.

My heartfelt like it would break a few times through this book. The storyline flowed and couldn't wait to get back to the book every chance I got.

5 stars

Read on KU


No comments:

Post a Comment