Friday 15 September 2017

New Release and Review - Starved (Jane Thornton #2) by C.E. Black




Blurb

Jane's story continues in this sexy and thrilling second book in the Jane Thornton Trilogy... STARVED!

After weeks without any sign of Kaden, Jane and Annabelle fall into a routine. They have a roof over their heads in a home that is secluded and well-protected from flesh eaters, and hunting for supplies has been easy enough. By all accounts, they are safe. Until Jane realizes they aren't as isolated as she wanted to believe.

Warning: This is book two in a ménage trilogy and may end in a cliffhanger. This book contains strong sexual content, violence, and adult language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.




MY REVIEW

This book starts a short while after book 1 finished, Jane is with Anna at the stronghold....

How to review this without spoilers........ is difficult, but here goes!

Jane and Anna have developed a firm friendship, they both work hard keeping the place secure and scouting for supplies, trying to avoid the flesh eaters. The flesh eaters creep me out, but the book isn't full of them they are part of the story, but a lot is the relationship development of the characthers.

Talking characthers we get to meet other survivors in this part, I liked Aiden, not so sure about the other lot - they seemed too perfect for me.

Jane is feisty, she may not be able to speak but she knows how to get her point across - she gets to show how pissed she is, that is until she melts into a man's arms, it gets deliciously steamy on more than a few occasions.

With Jane not speaking, it took me a few pages to get into that flow again, but once I started I wasn't stopping until I finished and that was 1 am. Was I happy with ending of book 2? Well, I want book 3 now!

4 stars

ARC REVIEW




BUY LINKS






Here's book 1 - Hunger its only 99p



"'Have you seen the girl?'

I was the only girl here. The only living soul in this whole damn town. It had been almost a year since the beginning of the end, and I'd been here the entire time. It was my hometown, where I'd grown up. And where I thought I would die. Eventually. But I wasn't ready. Not yet."



A year ago, Jane Thornton watched quietly as the world fell apart. Like a thief in the night, something took over humanity, leaving behind only the dead and the flesh eaters. Or so she thought. 



Being born mute was a weakness in the old world. Now she used it to her advantage. If there was one thing she was good at, it was hiding. Until they found her.



Kaden and Mason were two of the biggest, most threatening men she'd ever seen. And she was now their captive. But if they were holding her against her will, where were her chains? Why were they so concerned about her safety and her empty stomach? And how could her heart survive if she ran now?

Warning: This is book one in a ménage trilogy and may end in a cliffhanger. This book contains strong sexual content, violence, and adult language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment