Thursday 17 December 2015

Shifted Obsessions by C E Black - Review


Title: Shifted Obsessions
Series: Alpha Division, Book 3
Genre: Paranormal, Shifter Romance
Author: C.E. Black
Length: Novel - 84,000 words




BLURB:


Bear just can’t catch a break. 

The woman he loves has a secret. A deep secret, that’s making her keep her friends and family at arm's length. But the further she pushes Bear away, the more he wants to help. Sometimes, the acts we feel are selfless, end up being the most selfish acts of all. 

The government is allowing the Alpha Division to take more control over the case, but it feels like the Division is no closer to finding out who’s behind the deaths of both shifters and humans. Between a horrific crime scene, uncooperative prisoners, and a missing body, things are getting out of control. And Bear’s starting to question if he’s cut out for the job. Does he even belong anymore? 

There are more surprises around the corner for the Division. Secrets and lies seem to hit them from every direction. Things not thought possible have become a reality, along with the blow of losing one of their own. 

*Warning: This book contains strong sexual content, violence and adult language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.


EXCERPT:

Tonight had gone well. I enjoyed Bear’s company, and I could definitely see spending more time with him. As long as we stayed nothing more than friends. In the end, I would be heartbroken, but that would happen whether we hung out or not. I might as well have this time with him now. It would be something I’d be able to keep with me forever. A good memory when things got bad.
My thoughts had turned dark again. I blew out a deep breath, pushing it all aside. I had laundry to get started on. That was a mindless enough task to start my day.
 But when I reached the laundry room, I jumped, sucking in a startled breath to see Bear. He stood in the middle of the room, shoulders rigid as he stared down at my dirty clothes basket.
“Bear? Is everything...” My words ended in a gasp as Bear turned slowly in my direction. His nostrils flared wide, and his jaw muscles clenched and released.
“You’re sleeping with your boss?” His deep voice echoed in the small space, causing the hairs to rise on the back of my neck.
Swallowing hard, I licked my lips. “That’s not really any of your business.”
“The hell it is.” Though he hadn’t yelled the words, the low rumble that filled the room made me feel as if I’d just been scolded.
“How did you even know?”
A single finger pointed at my dirty clothes. “I thought he was in here. I thought maybe he’d broken in. Or maybe you were hiding him. But I found this instead.”
My lips formed an O as I blinked up at him.
“So you are interested in a relationship. Just not one with me.”
“No... I mean...” My hands twisted together in front of me. “We’re not in a relationship. Wolford and I...” Bear eyes narrowed, and I stopped talking.
“Wolford and you?” he asked.
“Um, we aren’t together.”
“You only fuck?”
I winced at his crude words, but nodded yes.
“Is it because I’m a Bear? Are you more afraid of me than the wolf?”
“Wolf? What? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” His eyes flashed gold, and I took a step back.
His head tilted, considering me. Then his words registered, and my eyes widened.  “Are you saying my boss is a wolf shifter?”
“Yes.”
“When...”
“We’ve always known,” he said. “We can smell him when you come over to Sam’s after work.”
“And you didn’t tell me?” I couldn’t believe they’d kept me in the dark like that. “I thought you were my friend. I thought you all were my friends.”
“We are. But it wasn’t our secret to tell.”
Fair enough. It still stung, though.
“And I’ve changed my mind,” he continued. “I don’t want to be just friends anymore.”
“I told you, I’m not ready for a relationship.”
Bear ignored my protests and stalked toward me, his eyes boring into mine, as he growled low in his throat. “You’re attracted to me. I can already smell it. You get more aroused the closer I get to you.”
I couldn’t speak. My voice had gotten stuck somewhere in my stomach when it had dropped.
I took another step back, but my shoulders hit the wall behind me, halting my retreat. My heart pounded, and my breathing escalated. He was right. I was aroused. The inside of my thighs were already sticky with my wetness, and my nipples tingled in anticipation.
Only a foot separated us when he finally stopped. I licked my lips, and his gaze followed the path of my tongue.
“I want you, Elizabeth,” he growled, as he lowered his face toward mine.
My lips parted, but the words were still stuck in my throat. When no protest came, he pressed his lips to mine with a groan. Palms flattened against the wall behind me, my eyes closed involuntarily.
The kiss started out the same as the last. Soft, testing, teasing... but then he growled, long and deep. I could feel the vibration of it through his chest as he slammed into me. He ravished my lips, parting them and pressing his tongue into my mouth. I allowed him. Hell, who was I kidding? I welcomed him, moaning, as the flavor of him hit my taste buds.
“Wait,” I pulled back from the kiss reluctantly and sucked in a quick breath. “We shouldn’t. This isn’t fair to you.”
Bear’s frustrated growl was filled with more than a touch of determination. “I’ll be the judge of that. Now tilt your head back, I want to taste your throat.”


MY REVIEW:

ARC REVIEW

That was a great shifter read, loved bear ❤️

I've loved this series from the start but this book seemed to be even more amped up, it has all your favourite chracthers in from previous books and there are some very interesting new chracthers introduced.

This is book 3, if this is your first book in series you'll be able to enjoy the book, but I always think you get more out of a book from a series if you start at book 1.

Liz is mingled in with the shifters through her best friend Sam who is married to two, yes two shifters! Back to Liz, she's been there for her friend, now it seems she may be the one in need of help. Liz doesn't want people to fuss other her so keeps it all quiet, but people are noticing and getting worried.

Bear, yes his a bear shifter his soft and cuddly, fierce when needed and when he lets his animalistic side out in intimate moments his damn sexy. I've liked bear all through the books, in this book you may well pull bear into your book boyfriend heart. You find out his real name in this book too!

Bear is determined to be there for the woman he has loved for what seems forever, even if he hasn't told her. Liz wants bear but she has her own plan.

There's lots of twists and turns in this book, the romance and erotic scenes are perfect for the characthers. 

I liked the action in the book but not some of the outcomes from it.............

A must read Shifter/PNR read.

I must say that after that taste of Leo's book, I want that now too! 

*5 I need a cuddle from bear stars*




BUY LINKS:



Also available for Kindle Unlimited subscribers!






No comments:

Post a Comment