Tuesday 20 October 2015

February Book of the Month - please vote



Here's my favourite reads from February 2015. I need you help to pick a winner for book of the month. Winner will go through to book of the year vote!!

Scroll down to vote - Thanks 




Whispers of Home by April Kelley

All Jaron McAllister wanted to do was get out of the small town where he grew up. After being bullied all his life for being gay, that’s exactly what he does. He loses all contact with everyone in the town of Pickleville, including his emotionally distant mother and the only true friend he ever had.

When his best friend and mother of the child they share, get murdered he knows he must ask for help in the one place he thought he would never go back to. Coming back home isn’t easy and finding himself attracted to the town man-slut spells disaster. Travis Heath isn’t at all what his reputation suggests though

Add to goodreads




Desolate by Ker Dukey

Ryan: 
I was a son, 
A friend, 
A brother, 
A psychopath. 

Eighteen years of being in a psyche ward; I was released into the world. Things have changed, Blake is married to Melody and is a father to my new fixation, Cereus. My beautiful niece who knows nothing of my existence. When consequences of past sins begin playing tricks on me, old cravings demand to be satisfied. 

There is no cure for my kind of sickness. 

I am void of everything but obsession. 
I can’t love, 
I can’t feel, 
I am Desolate. 

Warning: this book contains dark themes and explicit sex, read with caution. Desolate is the second book to the international bestselling title, Empathy. Please read book one to truly enjoy this title.

Add Desolate to your Goodreads TBR



Where one goes by B N Toler

What happens when the very thing ruining your life ends up saving it?

I was never one to believe in spirits—until six years ago, when a bone-chilling accident changed my life... forever. 

My name is Charlotte, but most people call me Char... and I have a special gift. 

I talk to the dead. 

Make no mistake, I can’t summon them. I’m only able to see and speak to the spirits that linger when they’re unable to crossover. They’re somehow weighted to the world with unfinished affairs. And for the last six years, I've relentlessly used my gift to help their lost souls.

But it’s come at a price. My life is dark. Feeling despondent, I've begun to give up. And in helping the dead, I've realized I haven’t allowed myself to live. With no money, no place to go, and most importantly... no hope, I've decided there is only one option—to end it all.

But fate is a funny thing. One minute, I’m about to leap to my death, and the next, I’m saved by Ike McDermott. The strong, striking soldier stopped me from putting an end to my despair. He’s the kind of man that smiles and brightens an entire room. 

Sweet and gentle.

He is my savior.

And he’s dead.

We've made an agreement. He’ll help me find a place to stay and a new job if I’ll help him with his unfinished business so that he may crossover.

Ike’s unfinished matter involves his twin brother, George. George has been falling apart since Ike’s death and Ike has not been able to compel himself to crossover in peace until he knows George will be okay.

When I agreed to help, little did I know that I’d fall in love with the charming folks of Bath County, and... Ike and George McDermott. 

Now, as both brothers own equal parts of my heart, I am faced with a cruel and unfair predicament. In saving George, I must let go of Ike. 

But how does one let go of half of their heart?

Add Where one goes to your goodreads TBR



Shifted Perception by C E Black

If there's one thing Terry (aka Foxy) hates most, it's a traitor.

After Paul betrayed his team, he was given a second chance, though not everyone forgave the sexy jaguar shifter. In Foxy's mind, once a traitor, always a traitor, and she refuses to work him. Even if he is too desirable for his own good.

When Foxy and Paul are thrown together on a mission, butting heads is an understatement. The struggle for dominance brings tension to every encounter between these two. Paul seems determined to keep Foxy safe and she's determined to keep her distance. But with every burning glance he shoots her way, and every husky word he utters, she wonders if he's more determined to drive her crazy with lust than anything else. Her only resolution is to keep her cool, though that's easier said than done, even with her firm determination to never sleep with a traitor.

Going undercover isn't Foxy's specialty, but when Teij says jump, she doesn't even question how high. Infiltrating this group of drug smugglers and finding out who's really running the show is only part of the job. Her first priority is finding her captured teammate, and when she meets Stone, leader of this small organization, things begin to heat up unexpectedly. Foxy knows how to use the attraction to her advantage. Using her feminine wiles in these situations is expected. It's what the Alpha Division does - Get close, get what you came for, and get out. Only, things aren't going as planned.

The secrets are piling up and time is running short, but Foxy's real problem is keeping her focus. Between Paul and Stone, she's having a hard time keeping her head - and her clothes - on straight.

*Warning: This book contains strong sexual content, violence and adult language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.

Add Shifted Perception to Goodreads TBR



Undertow by Michael Buckley

Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.

Action, suspense, and romance whirlpool dangerously in this cinematic saga, a blend of District 9 and The Outsiders

Add Undertow to goodreads tbr


No comments:

Post a Comment