Tuesday 18 July 2017

Keeping Her: A Dark Romance by Angela Snyder - Book Review




Blurb

"She calls to me like one of the Sirens from Greek mythology, and I would gladly crash into a thousand jagged rocks for just a single touch from her."


To say I had a rough start in life would be the understatement of the century.

My uncle may have rescued me from my abusive childhood, but he couldn't save me from the neurotic and compulsive obsessions I would develop in my adulthood.

I deal with some of the worst criminals in the seedy underbelly of the world just to get what I want. What I need.

And what I need is the perfect woman. Perfect and pure in every way possible. And I'm willing to obtain that perfection...no matter the cost.

So when I make my newest purchase, I expect Adeline's fate to be like all the others before her --- taking what I want and then never seeing her again.

But she's different.

Her beauty is disarming.

And even though I promised to let her go after I took what I wanted...I slowly come to the realization that I can't.

I have to break my promise to her, because she's mine now.

And I'm keeping her.

**Keeping Her is book one of the two-book dark romance Keep Me Series and ends with a cliffhanger. It contains adult content for mature readers.** 

My Review

The prequel to this book whet my appetite and made me very inquisitive to learn more about Lucien. What I didn't realise was that there would be a mafia side to this book too that adds to the darknness!

Lucien gets delivery of his number 7, Adeline and follows his normal routine, getting ready to take her virginity. Number 7 is different though, he can't quite grasp why but she stirs something in his dark heart......

I found this story really interesting, I do love a dark twisty read and Lucien is a really screwed up!, one minute I was thinking maybe his not so bad, then he would do something bad and damn id be disappointed in him, maybe not as disappointed the characther is in himself though - it's a real mind f..k, as you can understand his behaviour is due to his issues, but can you forgive?

Adeline is a good woman, she has been pulled out of one bad situation into another, she questions herself and her feelings and I appreciate that she doesn't just accept her situation.

This part ends on a cliffy, I have a feeling a certain gift may come in useful so I'm not fretting too much!

This is a book/story that will mess with your head - how can you start to like the so called 'baddie'?

This is book 1 of 2 and I can wait to get my hands on book 2.

4 strong stars


Amazon Links

GRAB THE PREQUEL FOR FREE

Amazon.com - http://amzn.to/2uDV2kc


All other countries --- read my prequel for free on Instafreebie:https://www.instafreebie.com/free/vBdmR

Book 1 - Only 99p

1 comment: