Wednesday 18 May 2016

Remember Me Always (A Southern Contemporary Romance) by Angela Snyder - Review - 5 Stars


BLURB

PENNY

Five years ago, I left for college in New York, leaving behind my hometown and my high school sweetheart. I had a plan after I graduated; but somewhere along the way, my train, which was on a one-way trip to happily ever after, somehow got derailed. And so I'm back in Willowbrook, Alabama for one reason and one reason only --- to confront Colton Crawford, the guy who broke my heart and a lot of promises. But instead of getting the answers I'm looking for, I only end up with even more questions.

Colton doesn't remember me, and I suddenly lost the most important person in my life in the blink of an eye. I don't know if I can win back his heart, but I'm going to try with every fiber of my being to bring Colton back to me.

COLTON

Everything changed five years ago, and my memory was basically wiped clean. A clean slate was exactly what I needed since I wasn't able to save my brother in the accident that almost claimed my own life. Bringin' up the past just makes me realize how much I've lost, and so forgettin' is what gets me through the day. Not wantin' to remember wasn't really a problem until a pretty blonde by the name of Penny Preston shows up in my bar demandin' answers…answers that I can't give her. 

I try to ignore the longin' in my heart, but it's almost impossible. Somethin' keeps drawin' me back to her…no matter how hard I try to push her away. Even though my brain can't remember her, my heart just can't seem to forget.






MY REVIEW

I really like this authors books and her style of writing, so I was excited to read this book.  The story is told from both Penny and Colt, I enjoy reading from both points of views.

Penny and Colt were best friends, then boyfriend and girlfriend and then fell in love, they got older and Penny went off to college - promising to stay together, visiting, texting and talking.  The dream ended and Penny was devastated, she carried on with her studies, only returning home when she has finished her courses.

Colton, he was gutted when Penny left for College.  He loved her so much.  When a petite blonde walks into his bar and confronts him over breaking her heart years ago - he doesn't even know who she is, so you can imagine it doesn't go too well!

Penny soon learns the awful truth, his accident, the deaths and the memory loss, he really doesn't know her :(.  Penny is an intelligent woman but she's also a romantic and decides that she can remind him who they were together.  She has her work cut as his not exactly the Colt she remembers, his changed physically and his more aggressive than he ever was, he still likes women so that is in Pennys favour.

Your in for a rollercoaster of a relationship with this book, it will squeeze you heart and then fill it. Penny is not one for giving up, I have to admit as much as I was willing them to sort it at one point I was like Penny stop its not gonna happen, give up, move on, he's not your man anymore - BUT what the heart wants is worth fight for.

I liked Colt, his had a tough time and deserves happiness, he doesn't treat Penny well though, he knows this and feels bad - his one well messed up man that needs a good woman to sort him - his lucky enough to have one willing to be there for him, all he has to do is let her in and be nice.

This is a romance that has a lot of tragedy in its past, but surely the future can bring happiness... you'll have to read it to find out!

ARC REVIEW

Five Always stars


BUY LINK

myBook.to/RememberMeAlways




No comments:

Post a Comment