Friday 23 October 2015

Trigger by Kirsty-Anne Still



TRIGGER (The Pericolo Series)

(Can be read as a standalone in the series)



I used to watch her through the lights. I watched as her body turned and twisted as she morphed into my siren. 



I wanted her—I craved every ounce of Ryleigh Turner. But I knew once I had her, all I would do was corrupt every inch of her pretty little soul. 



Valentinos aren't made for tales of love. We star in the horror stories you fear.



We're the monsters that make you scared to ever hope again.



It's time that she realises that.



****



He's watched me for months, given me every reason to allow my curiosity to start killing me slowly.



He makes the world melt away; he makes me want to throw all my inhibitions away and greet him personally. But every time the music ends and the lights lift, he vanishes, crushing my hopes.



Until one day, a moment of chance happens.



How does a man like Dante Valentino cope with a woman as messed up as me?



Easy.



I let him have every inch of my tainted soul.



***



Not all love stories have a beautiful start. 
Some just need a perfect trigger.



**This is a dark romance with intense scenes of murder and sex. There is coarse language used throughout. Not for the faint hearted.**






My Review

My hearts still thumping hard, that was one hell of a ride! Mafia, brutal killings, sexual attraction, romance and seriously hot sex. 

This is apparently part of a series of books, I haven't read any of the others, in fact this is my first book from this author. I didn't feel that I missed anything by starting on this book, so most definitely can be recommended as a standalone. 

The main characters are both strong, and most definitely spark off each other which results in some fabulous conversations. 

I so disliked Dante, but then I fell for him, yes his dark and dangerous but oh my he can express himself well when he wants, he melted the wall I put up against him. His totally sexy too, especially when the takes his time. 

Little wolf, Mia Regina, or just plain Ryleigh she is one hell of a woman, she dives straight into dantes world, she's a multi layered lady though and she has a softer side. 

This is a dark read, but when Dante softens his so adorable apart from killing at the drop of hat... Lol

Put these two together and they're an amazing couple made for each other.

Jackson is dantes brother and his very well grounded due to having the love of a good woman. His a really likeable character. 

The story was dark as suggested but heart warming too and the ending heart stopping.....

4.5 stars 





No comments:

Post a Comment