Monday 20 July 2015

Desert Heat/Native Tongue by Lucy Felthouse


Desert Heat Book Blurb

Their love is forbidden by rules, religion and risk. Yet still they can’t resist.

Captain Hugh Wilkes is on his last tour of duty in Afghanistan. The British Army is withdrawing, and Wilkes expects his posting to be event-free. That is, until he meets his Afghan interpreter, Rustam Balkhi, who awakens desires in Wilkes that he’d almost forgotten about, and that won’t be ignored.

Add to Goodreads

My Review

I was gifted a copy of this book for review. I haven't read this authors work before and was pleasantly surprised by this book.

The story centres around Wilkes a captain In the British army, his based in Afghanistan. He hides his sexuality from his fellow soldiers and has to put up with homophobic jokes. The language used and the banter shared felt real and was enjoyable to read.

Enter Balkhi, his the new translator supporting Wilkes and the troops, they hit it off straight away, but unfortunately for Wilkes he can't keep his mind off the hot Afghan translator, could Wilkes feelings be reciprocated?

A quick read which I enjoyed, I connected with Wilkes more than Balkhi, mainly because it's more about how he felt and what he wanted.

I'll definitely check out more of authors books.

3.5 stars


onto book 2 ....



Native Tongue Book Blurb

They may be back on British soil, but the battle isn’t over.

When Captain Hugh Wilkes fell for his Afghan interpreter, Rustam Balkhi, he always knew things would never be easy. After months of complete secrecy, their return to England should have spelt an end to the sneaking around and the insane risks. But it seems there are many obstacles for them to overcome before they can truly be happy together. Can they get past those obstacles, or is this one battle too many for their fledgling relationship?

Add to goodreads


My Review

4.5 stars 

I enjoyed book 1, but this installment was so much more!

Wilkes and Bakhii are back in uk, living separately as Balkhi is training in London and Wilkes is on base in Salisbury.

I loved their first weekend together as a couple it felt so real. Exploring london and not having to hide is new for them and they're on a learning curve.

When they did the family visit, I felt I was in the room as it was like my family getting together and sharing gossip. I found Joy, Wilkes mum so amusing.

It was wonderful reading these two taking steps into an 'out' relationship. I should also mention the sexiness between them they are seriously hot. They also shared a lot of sexy banter when not in bed, which I really enjoyed.

In the first book I didn't get much of feel for Balkhi, I certainly got to know him more in this story and what a fab couple they make even if fictional!!

A great read


Buy Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment