Mendacious by Beth Ashworth
Hosted by Everything Marie Tours
1. Not telling the truth; lying.
2. Based on lies.
At the young, naive age of twenty-three, Alex Lewis believed in the deepness of his love and the strength of his marriage to, Libby, his teenage sweetheart. Married for three years, but struggling financially to keep a roof over their heads, Alex thought his wife would stand by him till the bitter end. But she didn’t. His world crashed down around him.
Fast forward seven years, we meet Alex Lewis again. In the time since his divorce, he has matured significantly. Now the founder and domineering CEO of A L Investments, a multimillion-pound Investment and Management Company, he couldn’t be more different. The high-flying career he has managed to carve conceals a raw and vulnerable side just under the surface. The scars from his ill-fated marriage run deep, leaving him distant, cold, and alone.
So when his path with Libby crosses and an opportunity for revenge presents itself, Alex jumps at the offer. His mind is determined to make Libby feel the pain he has suffered over the last seven years… but his heart and conscience are fiercely battling against him.
The love of his life is back once again, but who can win in this mendacious game of revenge?
(18+ This book is intended for mature readers. Strong language and graphic sex scenes)
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA
Excerpt #1But what can I say? I’m Alex Lewis after all. The multi-millionaire with a jackhammer-sized cock. There’s not a woman alive that doesn’t want a piece of this. And that’s the fucking problem. I don’t want any of them.
All because of one girl. She ruined everything by burning her mark deep inside my chest. She was the girl I’d trusted with my life, and in return, royally fucked me over. I had decided there and then I’d never let it happen again. Every move would be calculated precisely. Each encounter would be strategised to perfection.
I've read dual PoV and thoroughly enjoyed them, so when I realised this was just from Alex's point of view I was quite excited, I was right to be too, as it was interesting, funny and moving.
Libby, left Alex seven years ago, it's not been easy for her but she's made a success of herself, but now there lives are about to crash together again. Alex wants revenge on Libby, but upon seeing one another again, things change.
Another thing about this book that added to my enjoyment is the fact its based in UK, places I know well.
Expect twists and turns and some heart searching from both characthers.
An enjoyable read which flows well and would have finished it in one sitting, but needed some sleep!
4 vampy and racey stars
*I received an arc for honest review*
I’m going to see my ex-wife after almost seven years. I have a million questions plaguing my already overwhelmed mind. What does she look like? Is she still the same? How will she react when she sees me?
The world feels like it’s about to drop out of my arse, but I’m holding onto the welcome knowledge that I’ve got the upper hand in all this. She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s signed up for business suicide with this deal.
And I’m smug as fuck.
Monday is when the plan commences and Libby learns exactly who thenew Alex Lewis is, and I’m going to enjoy every fucking minute of it. I’m sure she’ll be kicking herself when she sees me, and maybe even more when she realises what I have in store for her.
Meet the Cast
Twenty Fun Facts about Beth Ashworth
1. My friends and work colleagues think that I am THE laziest person on the planet. Seriously... I don’t like to do anything.
2. I swear like an absolute trooper. Leave your politeness at the door in my house...
3. I carry my Kindle wherever I go. You never know when you are going to be delayed right?
4. I have a VERY sweet tooth. (Two root canals at 23... Ouch!)
5. I’m terrified of the dentist.
6. I’m also terrified of spiders.
7. Did I mention heights as well?
8. My now Husband and I had a long distance relationship for over a year before he finally moved in with me. (Five years together and still as strong as day one!)
9. It was always a dream of mine to own a pair of Christian Louboutins. Now I have had them over a year and I am too scared to wear them. The red is too pretty!
10. I am part of the most amazing group of girls. My Smut Sisters are my besties and I love them! Within the small group of us, we bring authors, readers and bloggers together. We talk, we laugh, we support, we beta read, we gossip and we watch porn together. (Seriously... we are now past the point of no return)
11. Video games are my obsession. I kick arse at Call of Duty... For real!
12. Justin Timberlake is my boo <3
13. As much as I love top 40 hits and big music artists, I am also a huge fan of K-POP. Girls’ Generation, SHINee, 2NE1, EXO, 2pm... Love! Love! Saranghae!
14. I had still have an unhealthy obsession with Christian Grey.
15. I have a twitter, but I’m not as hooked with it as I am Facebook.
16. Twinkies and Mountain Dew are craved daily.
17. I hate tea and coffee... bleh!
18. Self-publishing my first book was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done.
19. I’m an only child.
20. I get over emotional at practically everything. Books, films and television programmes can have me in tears with the slightest of things. I need to learn to suck it up... I know.
Author BioBeth Ashworth was born in Manchester in 1990, but shortly moved to the modest city of Coventry where she was raised and still resides now.
As an avid reader from a very early age, Beth has always been keen to put her words onto paper. As a child she was always found with either a book in her hand, a pen and notepad or a computer games controller.
Starting off by initially writing alternate endings to her favourite Jacqueline Wilson books from around the age of ten, Beth has continued to grow and love her passion for books.
Eventually, after many unfinished books and short stories, she finally decided to follow her passion and write books that she hopes people will love.
When she isn't reading or writing, Beth loves to spend time with her husband and friends.
Contact BethGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7338255.Beth_Ashworth