Monday 28 September 2020

After Words: A TIMELESS Seasoned Romance by Brenda Margriet - New Release - Review



After Words: A TIMELESS Seasoned Romance
by Brenda Margriet


Blurb

July 21st, 1941
The journey starts here. I don't know if I'll be able to record everything about it but I'll try. My mother made me promise that I write in this journal as often as possible.

The moment Leeza Boychuk reads these words, painstakingly penned in a battered, time-stained diary by a young Canadian soldier, she knows her life will change. With a failing business, a philandering ex-husband and an ocean between her and her son, she has her own battles. Yet the infantryman’s innocent yet brutal story haunts her.

Determined to return the journal to the soldier’s family, she enlists the help of Gavin Fletcher, an enigmatic widower. His calm steadfastness is soothing to Leeza’s tattered soul—until an unexpected kiss ignites a longing she isn’t ready to explore.

But Leeza can’t abandon her quest…even if it means confronting her feelings for this increasingly intriguing man

ADD TO GOODREADS


My Review

I love reading a more mature romance, or seasoned as the author describes this book - they're generally a little messier as the characters come with a history and family. I still love young love but reading someone my own age fall in love is wonderful - so yes I loved this gentle romance ❤️📖.

This love story is mingled with a long lost diary and the search for the family it belongs to. A diary entry is at the beginning of each chapter and they're short, but hit home about what the young men went through in WW2.

Gavin offers to help Leeza research the diary and this takes them on some trips away from home. I mentioned the romance is gentle and it is, but it still has sizzle and all the feels.

Leeza is a divorcee, good job too as her ex was a cheater. She's a professional woman, running a book store, and a loving mum to a son. I felt she must have lost some of her confidence in her marriage and I enjoyed seeing her become a woman in love.

Gavin, what a dark horse.... The quietly mannered employee is so much more. It was delightful seeing the twinkle in his eye and the quirk of lips mean so much more!!

I always love a cabin scene, this had a perfect one set... enough said lol

The perfect book for this snuggle season.

4 stars


Follow Brenda on Facebook - Click here


Buy Links





No comments:

Post a Comment