Saturday 26 September 2020

A Virtual Affair by Tracie Podger - Audiobook Review


A Virtual Affair
by 
Tracie Podger


Blurb

Do you know what hope smells like?
It’s a combination of the sea, of exposed seaweed and salty air.
Of wet sand on a winter’s day.

Jayne was mid-forties when she experienced the worst and the best times of her life.
She fell in love, so desperately in love.
She lost everything overnight.

But no matter how bad life gets, how far down that dark tunnel you are, there is always a glimmer of hope.

From her dream house in Kent, via the nuthouse, and eventually to a cottage in Cornwall, Jayne takes a journey that is to wound, to destroy, and eventually heal her.

This is a story of one woman’s quest to find herself, and to love herself again.

Contemporary Romance for readers over the age of 18.

Add to Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27393622-a-virtual-affair


My Review

Oh my heart, this book made me cry many times, I cried at times when I have no idea why! It also made me giggle too.

The story was so down to earth and real that it can't fail to pull on your heartstrings. There were times I wanted to throw my Kindle at a wall because Jane didn't tell dickhead to do one. Her best friend is awesome, and as with best friends that's were most funny moments came from.

Steam, oh yes this book got steamy and I was whooping for Jane.

I think if I'm honest there must be something in this book that has touched everyone as it covers a lot of life's trials.

I was completely invested in Jane and her story and highly recommend this book to you. 

I actually listened to the Audiobook, the story was easy to follow and the narrator did a great job projecting the story and making the characters real. 

I love an audiobook the only thing I miss is when you pop back and read a page again, but you can rewind but it's not quite the same. 

5 emotional stars

Purchase Links








1 comment: